Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wednesday Rose


A beautiful peach/yellow rose from Harlow Carr.This unfortunately had lost the label of what it was.With all the thousands of plants many were unlabelled.
Even the professional RHS gardeners lose labels. How else can you keep track of what you planted?
I normally forget them after planting them, so the labels are good for my memory.Unless I lose the label.
I tried a notebook..but lost that as well. The purple flowers are good contrast in the background and bring the roses colour out brilliantly. The David Austin competition closes on Sept 17th. I hope my emailed images made it so they can be judged! Fingers crossed....
Five more nights to go now.

4 comments:

Bob said...

Snappy, Sounds like my roses. Half don't have tags anymore do to pruning. The rose looks like Lady Emma Hamilton, or Evelyn. It's a beautiful combo with the Verbena in the background.
Thanks for the lovely photo. Good luck with the competition. BOB

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks Bob, squinting at photo it could be Lady Emma Hamilton as I took photos of them.Their was a yellow rosebush that was unlabelled.
Memory is a funny thing...thanks for the best wishes,I will blog if I hear anything from David Austin roses.

Dirty Fingernails said...

what a lovely rose!!!David Austin are my favorites!!

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks Dirty fingernails,I love these English roses too :)