Thursday, August 16, 2007

Midnight Runner


This is what the Viola Midnight runner looks like. The flowers are growing on a friends kitchen windowsill after she bought two of my plants from the Walton Plant stall. The white rectangle is the plant label.
Mine have not flowered yet :(
What other black flowers can you grow? I remember seeing some Hollyhock Black Knights, and Pansys with Black Flowers. Ophiogon Negrens or Black Mondo Grass would fit into the scheme of black, John Ford Style (They can have any colour they want as long as its Black).
Its good to see one of your seed grown plants in bloom, even if none of mine here in the flat have flowered.

2 comments:

lisa said...

Heh...only "black" flowers I get is when they're dead! (Even then, they're more brown ;-) That's a very pretty flower, BTW!

David (Snappy) said...

Hi Lisa, that made me smile too as much as the rooting for you comment.I guess you could grow a lot of flowers then let them die off to a black/brown colour.I think reluctant gardeners would have a lot of black flowers.
I will search for some more black plants for my John Ford Border!!