Monday, April 09, 2007

Primula






The orange flower bud from yesterday, opened today.I dont know why the petals have gone orange like.I will try to save this over the year.

They are much loved by Councils for mass planting.I dont know what happens to them after they are removed

They are perennials so if they can be kept alive through the year they should bloom again.

A closer Picture, trying to capture the delicious colours of the petals.They are also the only colour I have at the moment whilst all the other plants are growing on.

3 comments:

Marc said...

You Primula flowers are magnificent! I really like the photos from yesterday and from today. Thanks!

gardenmomma (Chris) said...

These are absolutely beautiful!

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks Marc,I dropped by your blog yesterday.I hope you get the tomatos in June.Will drop by soon and comment more.Glad you liked the pictures.It took ages before i was happy with the colour.To be happy with an image of whats in front of you...
Thanks Gardenmomma, I think they are too.The plant looks a bit ropey now but the flowers on it are lovely.I normally dont like the primulas the council yes because they are in bright Day Glo colours.These seem natural in colour, and this year the local plantings are more muted in colours.Yippee, normal colours are back in!Goodbye fluorescent dayglo!