Monday, April 16, 2007

Gods fingers...


After the weekend Sunshine it went all grey on my day off, and rained.Good for Frans grass seed which was being eaten I think by stray birds...
I repotted some Gazanias individually, and moved the Clary into small peat pots. I moved some Convulvulus blue ensign a few days ago. Some of the other planted seeds have germinated now.
Nicotiana's are growing on slowly, as are Snapdragons( two varieties), my busy lizzies are equally slow. Some old purple coneflower seedlings have appeared.The black Violas have germinated too.
My flat windosills and the black plant stand are covered in seed trays and seedlings in pots.
I bought six Geranium plants when i went shopping with Fran and they are on the black plant stand.
Also growing on are oriental stargazer lillies, Asiatic pink lillys, three slow Chinese ground Orchids, A bleeding heart Alba (the plant was so dry in the nursery.I took pity on it but the flower buds have been damaged by the wilting heat and bone dry compost). An Aqualegia Purple empereor. Three Tomato plants (Gardeners delight, Red pear, and Tiger),
A Peace lilly rescued from Frans Grandmothers Bungalow, My bird of Paradise plant, the Easter Cactus (not bloomed so a sometime Cactus.) A hydrangea cutting that fell off the big plant when we moved it the other day.Some Crocosmia in pots donated by Fran...
Three windowsills, two are four foot, the kitchen one is maybe five foot across.I must be mad or driven to try growing so many plants in a confined space!
If they all grow on i will have lots of photos to take :)
The photo was taken as I walked to Sainsburies.The sunlight spilling through a gap in the cloud. Gods fingers is what i used to call the light beams falling to earth...

No comments: